Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sod Transfering from Driveway


When I began the driveway project, I thought of how watesful it was to simply throw the sod and grass diggings into the woods. Some of the strips of sod were perfect "mini lawns" that I thought could be useful. As you can see, Maddy thinks so also.

The sod was not really a problem because I still had garden foundation and drainage gravel exposed in one main area. So I began laying the sod strips up against the open areas so the entire corner was covered in sod. After watering it every day, it is showing good signs of rooting and it should produce a nice soft green elevation to that area in the spring.

The diggings and clippings I was able to use in the areas of the "swamp" to continue to build up the low land for water control. Over the years I have added 2-3 inches in that area, but this amount should really help raise it for better drainage.

Feeling under the weather since Friday, so there won't be a lot happening outside. But hopefully in a day or so I will be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment