Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer heat is on!




The heat wave continues to "slam" us and today is no different. Yesterday it peaked at 91' and today is going to be a little less then that. Good news though. The rain has been updated for Friday and it is long overdue. The morning waterings are helping a lot and I am sure the town water department will be throwing a party when they send me the bill for this quarter.




Got a couple good buys today at the Springville Walmart garden shop. Stuff is going on sale now and it's a good time to buy perrenials for next years blooms. I bought two 8 inche pots of yellow coreopsis, which I put in the front patio garden. I also bought two 8 inche pots of huge white impatiens just to fill spaces, which are going in the front driveway bench pots. All for less then $12. Check out the photos in this post.




Well, back up to the garden to continue with the weeding....until the next time.....enjoy the heat!




No comments:

Post a Comment